Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How do you protect your iPhone around the water?

As a swim teacher and a self proclaimed "phone addict" people ask me "How on earth do you keep you iPhone from getting wet and ruined?!

I have a phone case called Life Proof. It is water proof, dust proof, shock proof and spill proof. I have not had any problems with it. Granted you cannot just throw it across a room and expect nothing to happen but it does provide a lot of protection.

It has fun colors as well as accessories to help it adapt to your lifestyle.

  • Floating  life jacket
  • Car mount
  • Running Arm Band
  • Belt Clip
  • Bike mount
Advantages:
  • Water proof if a spill happens
  • Water proof so you can take video/ pictures of your kids around the pool, sprinkler, lake, ocean, or any body of water without worrying about splashes
  • Protective cover
  • Thin so it fits into pockets or purses easily
  • My non apple car charger fits the charger port with the case on. I do not have to take it off to charge my phone.
Disadvantages:
  • It does have small items to keep up with
    • Earphone cord- Since all openings are sealed you must have an extra cord to listen to headphones. 
    • The charge port is also covered by a hinged door. If the hinge door is open when a spill occurs it is possible that water could enter the charge port.
  • When the headphone jack does not have the headphones in you must keep the jack port closed with the small screw. The screw does not come off without you turning it but you must keep up with it while the headphones are in. I always put it in my wallet. The only time I use headphones are when I go for a run or when I workout.  
Overall I really love this product. I owned one when I had the iPhone 4S and I bought one when I got my iPhone 5. I personally have not had any trouble with it. I have had some friends say that their screen broke when it was dropped while in the lifeproof but no case is 100% protective. 

You can purchase this product on their website at: www.lifeproof.com
or you can purchase it in store at Best Buy. I bought mine at Best Buy and has been happy with it.

I have had an iphone for the last 6 years. I feel comfortable writing this review because I have used it first hand. I apologize if you have a different phone and this did not help you. If you find a case that is water proof for your phone you are more than welcome to write a review and I will share it on this blog for you.

Happy Phone Case Hunting!

Katelyn Green, Phone addict and Swim teacher :)

https://www.facebook.com/fishandfinsswimming

No comments:

Post a Comment